As we close out 2023, I invite you to take a moment to notice and identify any negative patterns that occurred during the year (and potentially many prior years) that you’d like to release and leave behind. It’s helpful to step back and look at the buckets of aspects of your life:
· Relationships (Family, Friends, Romantic)
· Career (or how you are of service in the world)
· Home (Physical Environment)
· Health (Physical, Mental, Emotional, Spiritual)
· Hobbies/Recreational Activities
Some questions to ask yourself:
1. What were major milestones or impactful events affecting them?
2. Do you feel they’ve contracted or expanded, and what led to either?
3. If there’s a negative pattern, how far back does this pattern go? (Think even beyond yourself and into your lineage.)
4. Are there interconnections between aspects? For example, when finances are contracted are there health symptoms that flare? Or when there are relationship conflicts, do you also notice your physical environment reflects your emotional state? When your work feels contracting and constricting, do you also constrict your hobbies (activities that you would normally enjoy)?
5. Any other patterns arise as interesting to notice?
Once you’ve identified the negative patterns that no longer serve you that you’re going to leave in 2023, ask yourself what you’d like in its place in 2024. When we release something, we make space for something else to occupy and we want to be intentional with what we invite in. Try to be both specific and frame it in the positive. Also write it in the present tense as if it is already so.
For example, instead of saying, “I’m not going to have afternoon headaches anymore.” Try, “I feel vibrant, healthy and at ease in my head (and body) at all times.”
After writing it out, create a clear vision of your desired state for each category. How might it look, feel, sound and smell? Try to embody it with your senses as if it exists already. Spend some time daily meditating on this ideal vision and experience. Then let it go. Release it like a helium balloon or soap bubbles into the air with the statement, “And so it is, and so it shall be.”
Then allow and accept it (or something better!) to come into being in divine timing.
May the ending of 2023 safely and easily release all programs and patterns that no longer serve you. May you release all behaviors, contracts and/or mindsets that restrict your idealized state from manifesting. May you freely and joyfully move into 2024 with infinite possibilities. May you be in alignment with your mission statement for this life. May you allow yourself to see yourself clearly, delightfully and developmentally as this vision in 2024 and beyond.